Sunday, June 19, 2011

Indoor Tornado Warnings.

It's almost midnight, and I've just started to pack for my move to Portland. It may be just a hop skip and a jump from my little town in Washington, but its far enough that it takes some planning...and I'm discovering that since my last travels I've made little progress in streamlining my preparation process. There's crap all over the floor, stacks of books, piles of (clean/dirty?) clothes, and electronic cords...did a tornado swipe through my room in a mere 20 seconds???? I don't know how this happens sometimes!

I should say though, that I do best under pressure. I just need the extra incentive of a countdown to get my butt moving and into packing mode! T minus 8 hours til departure...

I'll be attending PSU and taking Arabic courses. I'm subletting a cute little studio in NW Portland and commuting to class. I'm a bit nervous as I'm enrolled in an intermediate colloquial class because that's all that was available for the summer session. It's inevitably going to be quite above my comfort zone...but if all I did was stay with what I knew, then I would never grow.  So, I will accept the the mistakes, embarrassment, and struggles, along with the development I know I'll be pushed to make along the way.

Here's to a new adventure not so far from home, but challenging enough to warrant some worries. I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment